Join Our Team
At Summit Exercises and Training LLC (SummitET®), developing the capacity to mitigate risk and prepare individuals and organizations is our life, our business, and our passion. Whether it’s a situation resulting from natural, technological, or human factors, every member of the SummitET team is dedicated to ensuring our clients are prepared for the unthinkable. Exercises are the foundation upon which we build this disaster preparedness and response.
Our goal is to provide proven full spectrum preparedness solutions to threats through industry-leading experts and impeccable customer service.
Our professionals, team members, and partners have harnessed their years of “in the field” know-how and applied it to the design, development, facilitation and evaluation of all manner of exercises. Engaging in the SummitET culture means bringing your professional skills to the table. SummitET offers excellent benefits, a collegial team environment, and opportunities for growth.
The Site Lead for the program reports to the Program Manager and is responsible for providing operational and program support. This position will be the lead personnel for their specific location and responsible for successful completion of all tasks as designated by the Program Manager. This position will be a surge asset designed to supplement Federal and State partners' and first responders' existing CBRN detection and reporting capabilities in support of national and other special security events. Deployment without advance notification may be required. This position must have experience with radiological/nuclear detection instrumentation. The associate holding this position is expected to ethically represent SummitET and to provide exceptional customer service.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following.
- Initiate, organize and report on all program planning and management taskings.
- Ability to deploy equipment when needed. This requires transporting detection equipment via towable trailer to various locations as designated by the client.
- Coordinate, initiate and track the progress of deployments of the assigned equipment.
- Ensuring detection equipment is repaired, calibrated, and maintained in a ready state for deployment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- Provide coverage during standard and non-standard hours of business to include weekends and Holidays when necessary.
- Provide just-in-time training on deployed equipment, as needed, to stakeholders at events.
- Ensure completion of After-Action Reports AAR at the conclusion of deployments.
- Assist with scheduling of off-site part-time staff to support surge deployments.
- Provide status updates to the Program Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experienced in chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear CBRN detection with emphasis on R/N detection.
- 10 years relevant experience in R/N detection training and supporting preventive R/N detection mission operations at special events or during steady state operations where R/N detection is regularly employed. Event support can also include but not limited to demonstrations, training, and exercises at Department of Homeland Security Special Event Assessment Rated SEAR Events or National Security Special Events NSSE.
- Knowledgeable in using the following the equipment: Personal Radiation Detectors PRD Spectroscopic/Non-Spectroscopic; Human Portable Radiation Detection Backpacks; Radiological Isotope Identification Device RIID High-Res/Low-Res; Mobile Radiation Detection Systems. Auxiliary Equipment: Radios, Radioactive Material Sources.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment repetitively.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills to include completing daily situation reports, after-action reports, monthly report.
- Proficient in the use of computers, A/V equipment, Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Radiation Worker training and experience working with radioactive materials.
- Experience with agency fleet requirements
- This position requires travel between 50 to 75 percent of the month within the contiguous United States and US territories to support program needs. This may include mission deployments over 10-days with back-to-back travel to another mission.
- Must have valid driver's license and able to drive a dually pick-up truck with fifth wheel trailer
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET level security clearance and DHS Suitability.
- Experience with biological and/or chemical detection experience and equipment is highly desired
[Summit Exercises and Training is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify]
SummitET Core Values
At Summit, we:
- Always offer the highest quality Customer Service – We strive to serve our customer.
- Act with Integrity: Trust.
- Believe our team is our identity. We are Associate-Based/Focused.
- Always deliver a Quality product or service: If we are to do something, we will do it well.
- Enable our team to Lead to help shape a better organizational future.
- Leverage the Collective Genius of our talented workforce.
- Demand Excellence in ourselves and our team.
- Are Passionate and Committed in heart and mind to each other, our customer, and vision.
- Offer our customers creativity and a broad range of views and expertise through our Diversity.
- Act with Humility: We are open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- Strive for Simplicity.
- Seek Results: We have a “can do” (positive) attitude and drive to get the job.
- Treat others with Respect.
- Provide Customer-Focused solutions.
- Are Honest and act Transparently.
- Encourage Forward Thinking.
- Promote a work/life Balance.