Join Our Team
See Open Positions
At Summit Exercises and Training LLC (SummitET®), developing the capacity to mitigate risk and prepare individuals and organizations is our life, our business, and our passion. Whether it’s a situation resulting from natural, technological, or human factors, every member of the SummitET team is dedicated to ensuring our clients are prepared for the unthinkable. Exercises are the foundation upon which we build this disaster preparedness and response.
Our goal is to provide proven full spectrum preparedness solutions to threats through industry-leading experts and impeccable customer service.
Our professionals, team members, and partners have harnessed their years of “in the field” know-how and applied it to the design, development, facilitation and evaluation of all manner of exercises. Engaging in the SummitET culture means bringing your professional skills to the table. SummitET offers excellent benefits, a collegial team environment, and opportunities for growth.
Our associates enjoy generous PTO and paid holidays. Our leadership encourages and fosters a team and family environment.
SummitET pays 100% of Employee Only healthcare premiums and covers 50% of remaining dependent premiums.
Associates who choose to participate in a 401K plan may choose between a traditional 401K plan and a ROTH 401K. We currently offer company matching contributions per pay period.
SummitET may reimburse education classes or programs to any full-time associate looking to earn a degree or certification in a qualified area that applies to employment duties.
SummitET® isThe MDDU Equipment Custodian maintains the readiness of CBRN detection equipment and conducts nation-wide technical CBRN detection operations, training, and exercises to augment and train capability of Federal, state, and local law enforcement partners.
Work Location: Portland, Oregon area
Duties will include but are not limited to the following.
- Track and maintain care, custody, and control of MDDU equipment, including detection equipment, and radioactive sources.
- Conduct inventories of DHS MDDU property and update computerized tracking information as required.
- Ensure MDDU equipment is repaired, calibrated, and maintained in a ready state for deployment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. This includes conducting field level routine repairs in consultation with equipment manufacturers and designated subcontracting repair companies.
- Safely handle, use, transport, and ship radioactive sources following federal regulations including those requirements of the Department of Transportation. Perform work as a "radiation worker."
- Conduct procurements of supplies and equipment following administrative procedures.
- Perform CBRN detection operations with Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies and stakeholders. This includes performing operations at Department of Homeland Security Special Event Assessment Rated SEAR Events, National Security Special Events NSSE, and critical infrastructure sites.
- Perform CBRN "just in time" training with technical detection equipment with Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies and stakeholders.
- Perform or assist in CBRN technical detection exercises with Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies and stakeholders.
- Routinely train, acquire, and maintain technical skills and experience, and share job knowledge with other MDDU team members.
- Maintain integrity, good conduct, and the highest level of professionalism during work and outside of work hours.
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing assignments and work schedules. Work may often require work to be performed beyond an 8-hour day, on weekends, and holiday. Excessive work hours can be flexed when work allows. MDDU employees are subject to recall to work from off duty status upon a matter of national security.
- Work independently and as a team to meet all MDDU requirements.
- Follow guidance and direction from the MDDU Site Lead Team Leader, Project Manager, client Program Manager, and designated SummitET supervisor.
- Initiate, organize and report on all planning and management taskings.
- Coordinate, initiate and track the progress of deployments of the assigned MDDUs or equipment.
- Assist/prepare timely after-action reports of MDDU missions.
- Provide oral and written status updates of tasks to the team lead, project manager, or client program manager as required.
- This position requires travel between 50 to 75 percent of the month within the contiguous United States and US territories to support program needs. This may include mission deployments over 10-days with back-to-back travel to another missions.
- This position requires the safe operation of a truck and 5th wheel trailer.
- Following MDDU guidance documents, federal travel regulations, and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Maintain administrative proficiency in preparing accurate and timely travel and procurement expense reports.
- Experience in chemical, biological, radiological and/or nuclear CBRN detection with emphasis on R/N detection.
- 5-years' experience in radiation detection training and supporting detection operations at special events or during steady state operations where detection is regularly Event support can also include but not limited to equipment demonstrations, training, and exercises at Department of Homeland Security Special Event Assessment Rated SEAR Events or National Security Special Events NSSE. Biological and/or chemical detection experience is encouraged but not required.
- Knowledgeable in using the following types of representative R/N detection equipment:
- Personal Radiation Detectors PRD Spectroscopic/Non-Spectroscopic examples may include: D-tect Systems Mini Rad-D, Thermo RadEye, FLIR IdentiFINDER R300 nanoRaider, and Kromek D3S;
- Human Portable Radiation Detection Backpacks examples may include: Thermo PackEye, and Bubble Technology Industries FlexSpec;
- Radiological Isotope Identification Devices RIIDs High-Res/Low-Res examples may include: FLIR IdentiFINDER R400 and ORTEC Detective DX;
- Mobile Radiation Detection System such as Radiation Solutions Inc. RSI-701;
- Knowledge of safely using and handling of radioactive sources.
- Knowledge of using auxiliary equipment such as radios
- Able to perform minor maintenance/upkeep to include battery replacement or adjusting settings, as well as able to complete multi-step troubleshooting efforts that may require interactions with vendor.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET level national security clearance and DHS Suitability.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Able to drive a truck and 5th wheel trailer total rig length is 45'.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills to include completing daily situation reports, after-action reports, monthly reports.
- Proficient in the use of computers, A/V equipment, Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Prior training per 49 CFR 172.704 HAZMAT Training is highly desired, but not required for initial hire
- Biological and/or chemical detection experience is highly desired, but not required for initial hire.
- Radiation Worker training and experience working with radioactive materials.
- Experience driving a dually pick-up truck with fifth wheel trailer desired, but not required for initial hire.
- Prior experience with DHS CWMD Fleet requirements desired, but not required for initial hire.
[SummitET is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disability and participates in E-Verify.]
We’re doing our part to help build a more sustainable future through people, education, and external partnerships. Find out how we’re building internal accountability and transparency, and by joining forces with others to build a lasting impact, we’re enabling people to help make our world a safer place.
SummitET Core Values
At Summit, we:
- Always offer the highest quality Customer Service – We strive to serve our customer.
- Act with Integrity: Trust.
- Believe our team is our identity. We are Associate-Based/Focused.
- Always deliver a Quality product or service: If we are to do something, we will do it well.
- Enable our team to Lead to help shape a better organizational future.
- Leverage the Collective Genius of our talented workforce.
- Demand Excellence in ourselves and our team.
- Are Passionate and Committed in heart and mind to each other, our customer, and vision.
- Offer our customers creativity and a broad range of views and expertise through our Diversity.
- Act with Humility: We are open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- Strive for Simplicity.
- Seek Results: We have a “can do” (positive) attitude and drive to get the job.
- Treat others with Respect.
- Provide Customer-Focused solutions.
- Are Honest and act Transparently.
- Encourage Forward Thinking.
- Promote a work/life Balance.
Contact Our Experts
Contact our experts to see how to begin preparing your organization to manage and respond to crises.