Join Our Team
See Open Positions
At Summit Exercises and Training LLC (SummitET®), developing the capacity to mitigate risk and prepare individuals and organizations is our life, our business, and our passion. Whether it’s a situation resulting from natural, technological, or human factors, every member of the SummitET team is dedicated to ensuring our clients are prepared for the unthinkable. Exercises are the foundation upon which we build this disaster preparedness and response.
Our goal is to provide proven full spectrum preparedness solutions to threats through industry-leading experts and impeccable customer service.
Our professionals, team members, and partners have harnessed their years of “in the field” know-how and applied it to the design, development, facilitation and evaluation of all manner of exercises. Engaging in the SummitET culture means bringing your professional skills to the table. SummitET offers excellent benefits, a collegial team environment, and opportunities for growth.
Our associates enjoy generous PTO and paid holidays. Our leadership encourages and fosters a team and family environment.
SummitET pays 100% of Employee Only healthcare premiums and covers 50% of remaining dependent premiums.
Associates who choose to participate in a 401K plan may choose between a traditional 401K plan and a ROTH 401K. We currently offer company matching contributions per pay period.
SummitET may reimburse education classes or programs to any full-time associate looking to earn a degree or certification in a qualified area that applies to employment duties.
SummitET®, a preparedness solutions company, helps prepare and build capability of government, non-government organizations, and the private sector to protect, prevent, respond to, mitigate, and recover from all-hazard threats. We achieve this by using industry-leading experts that deliver cutting-edge tailored solutions, and proactively adopting new approaches to stay ahead of the ever-changing threat environment. Our team members harness knowledge gained from extensive academic and applied experience and apply it to the design and development of customized preparedness solutions to build organizational resilience or otherwise meet our clients' specific needs. Key to our success is providing our clients the highest level of customer service through program quality assurance. SummitET is connecting people with questions to the experts with answers to achieve mission-driven results.
SummitET is seeking to build a surge capacity force to support the Mobile Deployment Detection Unit MDDU program. MDDUs are surge assets designed to supplement Federal and State partners' and first responders' existing CBRN detection and reporting capabilities in support of national and other special security events. The program is growing into the full spectrum of CBRN detection, however the emphasis of this support is focused on radiological/nuclear detection operations and instrumentation. The nature of the surge force will be voluntary and managed on a rotational basis for scheduled events and short-notice requested to deploy.
These positions will be used to cover any of the areas listed and be able to travel to the location to cover for surge events as needed and as available. Travel will be covered by the contract.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide part-time surge support to the MDDU program.
- Utilizing your experience and expertise you are able to work independently and carry out MDDU protocols and procedures when necessary.
- Initiate, organize and report on all MDDU program taskings during deployment operations.
- Support and report on the coordination, initiation, progress, and closeout of MDDU deployments.
- Provide coverage during standard and non-standard hours of business to include weekends and Holidays when necessary.
- Provide just-in-time training on MDDU deployed equipment, as needed, to stakeholders at MDDU events.
- Assist with development of After-Action reports AAR at the conclusion of MDDU deployments.
- Provide status updates to the DHS CWMD MDDU PM and contract personnel.
- Travel is not anticipated to exceed 50% per month; however, individuals must be able to travel within the contiguous United States and US territories to support program needs.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experienced in chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear CBRN detection with an emphasis on R/N detection.
- 5 years of relevant experience in R/N detection training and supporting preventive R/N detection mission operations at special events or during steady state operations where R/N detection is regularly employed. Event support can also include but not limited to demonstrations, training, and exercises at Department of Homeland Security Special Event Assessment Rated SEAR Events or National Security Special Events NSSE.
- Knowledgeable in using the following types of representative R/N detection equipment: Personal Radiation Detectors PRD Spectroscopic/Non-Spectroscopic examples may include: D-tect Systems Mini Rad-D, Thermo RadEye, FLIR IdentiFINDER R300 nanoRaider, and Kromek D3S; Human Portable Radiation Detection Backpacks examples may include: Thermo PackEye, and Bubble Technology Industries FlexSpec; Radiological Isotope Identification Devices RIIDs High-Res/Low-Res examples may include: FLIR IdentiFINDER R400 and ORTEC Detective DX; Mobile Radiation Detection System such as Radiation Solutions Inc. RSI-701; Auxiliary Equipment: Radios, Radioactive Material Sources.
- Able to perform minor maintenance/upkeep to include battery replacement or adjusting settings, as well as able to complete multi-step troubleshooting efforts that may require interactions with vendor.
- This position requires a SECRET clearance and DHS Suitability.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills to include completing Daily Situation Reports, After Action Reports, Monthly Reports.
- Proficient in the use of computers, A/V equipment, Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Prior training per 49 CFR 172.704 HAZMAT Training is highly desired, but not required.
- Biological and/or chemical detection experience is highly desired, but not required.
- Radiation Worker training and experience working with radioactive materials.
- Experience driving a dually pick-up truck with fifth wheel trailer desired, but not required.
- Prior experience with DHS CWMD Fleet requirements desired, but not required.
We’re doing our part to help build a more sustainable future through people, education, and external partnerships. Find out how we’re building internal accountability and transparency, and by joining forces with others to build a lasting impact, we’re enabling people to help make our world a safer place.
SummitET Core Values
At Summit, we:
- Always offer the highest quality Customer Service – We strive to serve our customer.
- Act with Integrity: Trust.
- Believe our team is our identity. We are Associate-Based/Focused.
- Always deliver a Quality product or service: If we are to do something, we will do it well.
- Enable our team to Lead to help shape a better organizational future.
- Leverage the Collective Genius of our talented workforce.
- Demand Excellence in ourselves and our team.
- Are Passionate and Committed in heart and mind to each other, our customer, and vision.
- Offer our customers creativity and a broad range of views and expertise through our Diversity.
- Act with Humility: We are open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- Strive for Simplicity.
- Seek Results: We have a “can do” (positive) attitude and drive to get the job.
- Treat others with Respect.
- Provide Customer-Focused solutions.
- Are Honest and act Transparently.
- Encourage Forward Thinking.
- Promote a work/life Balance.
Contact Our Experts
Contact our experts to see how to begin preparing your organization to manage and respond to crises.