Join Our Team
At Summit Exercises and Training LLC (SummitET®), developing the capacity to mitigate risk and prepare individuals and organizations is our life, our business, and our passion. Whether it’s a situation resulting from natural, technological, or human factors, every member of the SummitET team is dedicated to ensuring our clients are prepared for the unthinkable. Exercises are the foundation upon which we build this disaster preparedness and response.
Our goal is to provide proven full spectrum preparedness solutions to threats through industry-leading experts and impeccable customer service.
Our professionals, team members, and partners have harnessed their years of “in the field” know-how and applied it to the design, development, facilitation and evaluation of all manner of exercises. Engaging in the SummitET culture means bringing your professional skills to the table. SummitET offers excellent benefits, a collegial team environment, and opportunities for growth.
SummitET® is an industry leader in preparedness solutions for the threats and hazards of greatest concern to our clients. We help support operations and build systems of preparedness across the mission areas of prevention, protection, response, mitigation, and recovery. SummitET seeks a full-time Senior National Policy and Planning SME to support its federal contracts.
- Provide National policy and planning subject matter expertise SME regarding topics that include counterterrorism CT, Weapons of Mass Destruction WMD, Critical Infrastructure Protection, and cybersecurity.
- Support and assist in the development of national policy, national plans, interagency strategy, and interagency-related documents.
- Work within the interagency process and support agency positions in senior-level interagency forums and working groups.
- Provide national policy and planning support to senior leaders and agency operations, programs, initiatives, and exercises.
- Support and assist the development of internal policies and plans in line with national policy and planning.
- Prepare well-sourced professional senior-level position papers, briefing books, etc.
- Effectively provide oral and written brief presentations to wide audiences, including executives and lay audiences.
- Attend interagency meetings and support and defend federal agency positions.
- Deliver strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to participate in rigorous debate and formulate persuasive arguments diplomatically during high-level internal and interagency meetings.
- Conduct studies and assessments and review and make recommendations on new and proposed national preparedness-related plans, policies, and initiatives.
- Review and analyze policy to preserve the agency's equities and advance its interests.
- Effectively manage and coordinate work; build processes for internal and external policy development; and negotiate contributions from internal and external stakeholder groups to integrate them into plans and policy documents, including the adjudication of comments and document production.
- Develop and manage engagements with the broad network of stakeholders, including federal, state, local, tribal, and territory governments and organizations, as well as non-governmental organizations necessary to facilitate the advancement of new policies, plans, and programs.
- Prepare redline drafts, PowerPoint presentations, synchronization matrices, position papers, decision papers, and provide oral and written decision, position, and information briefs at the executive level.
- Review draft and analyze policies, plans, legislation, strategies, and make recommended edits.
- Plan, prepare, coordinate, disseminate, solicit, monitor, track, set and meet deadlines relative to interagency and internal meetings.
- Accurately record and document decision-making during internal and interagency meetings.
- Other duties as assigned and required, including administrative duties.
- Master's degree in National or Homeland Security law or related; or J.D. degree
- At least twelve 12 years professional experience in national security, homeland security, or national preparedness and response policy
- Demonstrated experience and extensive knowledge of national security policies, including CT/WMD/CBRNE, interagency roles and responsibilities, and national preparedness and crisis response, with the ability to develop, review, analyze, debate, and track national policies, frameworks, strategies, plans, and legislation.
- Experience or subject matter expertise in whole of government response to CT/WMD/CBRNE threats and hazards, including national policy, plans, and local, regional, and national command post operations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to participate in rigorous debate and formulate persuasive arguments diplomatically during high-level internal and interagency meetings.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively briefing at executive-level meetings via oral or written products/presentations.
- Demonstrated strong project management and organizational skills to plan, prepare, disseminate, coordinate, track, set deadlines, and adjudicate input.
- Demonstrated experience participating in or designing national-level exercises
- Extensive software skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite and Internet research abilities
- Demonstrated professional level of skills in conducting research, public speaking, and preparing verbal and written communications for senior leaders and various audiences.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally for approximately 10% of allotted annual work hours.
- US citizen, able to pass the background Investigation and obtain a Top Secret or Q national security clearance.
- Possess a valid driver's license and U.S. passport.
- Ability to lift and carry fifty pounds.
- Our mission at SummitET is to provide proven full-spectrum preparedness solutions through industry-leading experts and impeccable customer service. We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes company-paid medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance, tuition reimbursement program, and a 401K plan. Summit Exercises and Training is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
SummittET is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Selected candidates must consent and participate in and successfully pass pre-employment background and drug screening.
SummitET Core Values
At Summit, we:
- Always offer the highest quality Customer Service – We strive to serve our customer.
- Act with Integrity: Trust.
- Believe our team is our identity. We are Associate-Based/Focused.
- Always deliver a Quality product or service: If we are to do something, we will do it well.
- Enable our team to Lead to help shape a better organizational future.
- Leverage the Collective Genius of our talented workforce.
- Demand Excellence in ourselves and our team.
- Are Passionate and Committed in heart and mind to each other, our customer, and vision.
- Offer our customers creativity and a broad range of views and expertise through our Diversity.
- Act with Humility: We are open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- Strive for Simplicity.
- Seek Results: We have a “can do” (positive) attitude and drive to get the job.
- Treat others with Respect.
- Provide Customer-Focused solutions.
- Are Honest and act Transparently.
- Encourage Forward Thinking.
- Promote a work/life Balance.