Join Our Team
At Summit Exercises and Training LLC (SummitET®), developing the capacity to mitigate risk and prepare individuals and organizations is our life, our business, and our passion. Whether it’s a situation resulting from natural, technological, or human factors, every member of the SummitET team is dedicated to ensuring our clients are prepared for the unthinkable. Exercises are the foundation upon which we build this disaster preparedness and response.
Our goal is to provide proven full spectrum preparedness solutions to threats through industry-leading experts and impeccable customer service.
Our professionals, team members, and partners have harnessed their years of “in the field” know-how and applied it to the design, development, facilitation and evaluation of all manner of exercises. Engaging in the SummitET culture means bringing your professional skills to the table. SummitET offers excellent benefits, a collegial team environment, and opportunities for growth.
The Foreign Affairs Analyst position will work primarily at the Department of Energy, Forrestal Building, in Washington, D.C. Remote work is available as allowed by the client. This position will be responsible for a portfolio of international projects involving both bilateral partners and multilateral organizations on topics related to nuclear security and counterterrorism in coordination with technical experts at the Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration NNSA. The position will support NNSA's Office of Nuclear Incident Policy and Cooperation NA-81 in the development and management of international policies and engagements. Up to 40% of the portfolio for this position will deal with budget management, including tracking, forecasting, and reporting as required by the client.
The Foreign Affairs Analyst will be familiar with best practices and policy for cooperation in emergency preparedness and response to nuclear/radiological emergencies. As an analyst, this position will support office efforts to advance assigned bilateral, multilateral, and strategic relationships while maintaining regular relationships to steer cooperative activities and coordinate schedules for meetings, visits, deliverables, and all necessary reporting.
This position will have familiarity with policy, strategy, and planning with expert communication and organizational skills to advance and coordinate as well as maintain activities as assigned on policies and strategies related to assigned bilateral working groups, dialogues, initiatives and cooperative agreements and others as assigned.
This position will be expected to provide regular reporting updates to assigned activities, provide planning and supporting content including but not limited to timeframes, milestones, logistical coordination, agendas, scope, and other products and materials, and deliverables as assigned.
This position will be expected to adhere to established standards and guidelines provided by NA-81.
- Assist the NNSA Office of Nuclear Incident Policy and Cooperation NA-81 client in various capacities as described below:
- Champion the client's mission
- Support development and management of U.S. international policies and policy engagements
- Coordinate schedules for meetings, visits, deliverables, and all necessary reporting
- Advance, coordinate and maintain activities as assigned on policies and strategies related to assigned working groups, dialogues, initiatives and cooperative agreements
- Provide regular reporting updates to assigned activities, provide planning and supporting content including but not limited to timeframes, milestones, logistical coordination, agendas, scope, and other products and materials, and deliverables
- Facilitate meetings and presentations and perform public speaking engagements
- Attend meetings, take notes and prepare after-action reports for the client
- Conduct project management to include managing budgets, tracking, forecasting, and reporting as may be required
- Adhere to NNSA national security, computer security and other established standards and guidelines
- Other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Maintain frequent contact with the SummitET Program Manager PM and perform PM tasks as may be required in support of the 81 SummitET team
- Routinely seek guidance and feedback from the PM regarding performance, training, and growth
- Provide exceptional customer service and quality deliverables
- Assist SummitET Quality Assurance with continual improvement planning
- Represent SummitET in a professional manner
- Professional level of fluency in Microsoft Office particularly Excel and PowerPoint suite of applications
- Exceptional oral, written and people communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Must be able to speak publicly in a clear, professional, and concise manner
- Have a valid passport and driver's license
- Ability to independently travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the work year and operate rented motor-vehicles
- An active Top Secret or DOE Q clearance is strongly preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Government & Politics or other related disciplines
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience including at least 1-year federal government experience, preferably in the areas of international policy, counterterrorism, counterproliferation, and/or emergency management
- Familiarity with policy, strategy, and planning
- Experience in preparing briefs/written products for senior executives
- International affairs experience specific to nuclear security policy and counterterrorism is preferred
- This position involves a combination of work from home within the Washington D.C./National Capital region and work at the Department of Energy, Forrestal Building in Washington, D.C.. In-person work at the Forrestal Building may be full-time as mandated by the client.
SummitET Core Values
At Summit, we:
- Always offer the highest quality Customer Service – We strive to serve our customer.
- Act with Integrity: Trust.
- Believe our team is our identity. We are Associate-Based/Focused.
- Always deliver a Quality product or service: If we are to do something, we will do it well.
- Enable our team to Lead to help shape a better organizational future.
- Leverage the Collective Genius of our talented workforce.
- Demand Excellence in ourselves and our team.
- Are Passionate and Committed in heart and mind to each other, our customer, and vision.
- Offer our customers creativity and a broad range of views and expertise through our Diversity.
- Act with Humility: We are open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- Strive for Simplicity.
- Seek Results: We have a “can do” (positive) attitude and drive to get the job.
- Treat others with Respect.
- Provide Customer-Focused solutions.
- Are Honest and act Transparently.
- Encourage Forward Thinking.
- Promote a work/life Balance.