Join Our Team
See Open Positions
At Summit Exercises and Training LLC (SummitET®), developing the capacity to mitigate risk and prepare individuals and organizations is our life, our business, and our passion. Whether it’s a situation resulting from natural, technological, or human factors, every member of the SummitET team is dedicated to ensuring our clients are prepared for the unthinkable. Exercises are the foundation upon which we build this disaster preparedness and response.
Our goal is to provide proven full spectrum preparedness solutions to threats through industry-leading experts and impeccable customer service.
Our professionals, team members, and partners have harnessed their years of “in the field” know-how and applied it to the design, development, facilitation and evaluation of all manner of exercises. Engaging in the SummitET culture means bringing your professional skills to the table. SummitET offers excellent benefits, a collegial team environment, and opportunities for growth.
Our associates enjoy generous PTO and paid holidays. Our leadership encourages and fosters a team and family environment.
SummitET pays 100% of Employee Only healthcare premiums and covers 50% of remaining dependent premiums.
Associates who choose to participate in a 401K plan may choose between a traditional 401K plan and a ROTH 401K. We currently offer company matching contributions per pay period.
SummitET may reimburse education classes or programs to any full-time associate looking to earn a degree or certification in a qualified area that applies to employment duties.
SummitET® is seeking a full-time program manager to perform as a watch desk site lead for a U.S. government agency in Washington D.C. This position will man a watch desk and coordinate and share information, make notifications and alerts, and perform analysis and prepare products relative to current information of real-time chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear CBRN threats and hazards, to include medical events, worldwide. This includes terrorism, proliferation, other criminal activity, and accidents involving CBRN material.
SummitET, a veteran owned small business, is a preparedness solutions company that helps organizations protect, prevent, respond to, mitigate, and recover from all-hazard threats through a wide range of programmatic products and services.
This position is contingent on award of a contract.
Must have the ability to obtain DHS Suitability and must possess a TS clearance with the ability to obtain SCI.
Job Location: Washington D.C.
The Program Manager PM will serve as the watch desk site lead and will be responsible for all work performed under this contract and meeting the needs of the government client within the statement of work. This includes the following:
- Perform exceptional customer service to client and other federal partners
- Meet and coordinate with the client program office to ensure work is performed to acceptable standards.
- Maintain a working knowledge of CBRN threats and hazards.
- Ensure all duties related to the watch desk are performed as required.
- Supervise watch desk contract personnel, to include ensuring contract personnel continually meet performance standards, conducting performance reviews, ensuring certifications maintained, and coordinating in-processing and out-processing of watch personnel leaving the contract.
- Manage the watch desk shift schedule and assign personnel. Ensure schedules are provided to the client by deadline.
- Ensure all products and services are appropriately reviewed, approved, and delivered on time.
- Ensure watch desk personnel are trained and well-rehearsed on executing related watch-desk standard operating procedures, continuity of operations plans, and other plans that inform watch desk and operations support.
- Maintain telephone availability to the client between the hours of 0900 and 1700 EST, Monday through Friday, and respond to a request for discussion or resolution of technical problems within 24 hours of notification.
- Perform shift work to relieve watch personnel due to scheduled and unscheduled absences, or sickness to ensure Watch Desk coverage. This includes the following activities:
- Receipt and analysis of CBRN threat and hazard information.
- Drafting of CBRN threat and hazard daily executive level briefing products.
- Operation of an emergency notification system to alert and notify identified personnel using pre-scripted threat and hazard scenarios in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Continual monitoring and reviewing classified and unclassified systems for CBRN threats and hazards.
- Provide situational awareness and coordination of CBRN threats and incidents occurring worldwide and draft, prepare, and coordinate executive level operational analytic products to inform leadership.
- Maintain awareness of all-source information capabilities as it relates to CBRN government operations.
- Required to understand government operational response tradecraft and CBRN risk to the homeland.
- Track, report, document, and maintain records of alarms and perform NRC license checks for alarms.
- Coordinate with and across the internal components, LNOs, and the interagency, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field e.g., Homeland Security, health, or CBRN degree
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in a supervisory position
- Must have the ability to obtain DHS Suitability and must possess a TS clearance with the ability to obtain SCI.
- Must be able to complete required position certifications and trainings within 2 months of hire.
SummitET is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disability and participates in E-Verify.
We’re doing our part to help build a more sustainable future through people, education, and external partnerships. Find out how we’re building internal accountability and transparency, and by joining forces with others to build a lasting impact, we’re enabling people to help make our world a safer place.
SummitET Core Values
At Summit, we:
- Always offer the highest quality Customer Service – We strive to serve our customer.
- Act with Integrity: Trust.
- Believe our team is our identity. We are Associate-Based/Focused.
- Always deliver a Quality product or service: If we are to do something, we will do it well.
- Enable our team to Lead to help shape a better organizational future.
- Leverage the Collective Genius of our talented workforce.
- Demand Excellence in ourselves and our team.
- Are Passionate and Committed in heart and mind to each other, our customer, and vision.
- Offer our customers creativity and a broad range of views and expertise through our Diversity.
- Act with Humility: We are open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- Strive for Simplicity.
- Seek Results: We have a “can do” (positive) attitude and drive to get the job.
- Treat others with Respect.
- Provide Customer-Focused solutions.
- Are Honest and act Transparently.
- Encourage Forward Thinking.
- Promote a work/life Balance.
Contact Our Experts
Contact our experts to see how to begin preparing your organization to manage and respond to crises.